Forum Rules Notice

Due to inappropriate SPAM postings, our forums are now being monitored for inappropriate content. This will cause your post to not appear publicly until it has been approved by a forum moderator. We apologize for the delay this may cause in your response, but have found it the best way to control inappropriate posts.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Printing Corrections Back Onto the Same Bubble Sheet
michael.wathen
Posted: Aug 25 2007, 01:56 PM

I have a Brother 8440 scanner. Works great except that once I have successfully scanned the results into Test Manager, I still have to go back through and mark Xs through all the wrong answers with an ink pen and write down their score. This prevents the student from erasing a wrong answer and claiming that there was a mistake.

I know some professional scanning machines do this and mark the score at the bottom of the sheet once it has been scanned.

It seems that there should be some way to so this with the plain paper scanners, perhaps you would need to run the scanned sheets back through the printer somehow, but you would need a bit of extra software to do this.
PMEmail Poster
Support QA
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 10:57 AM

I'll add this to the "wish list" of requested features. I'm not sure exactly how it would work, though. You'd have to be sure to run the forms back through the printer in the correct order--since the printing part is physically separate from the scanning part, the scanner would have no way of knowing what form was being run back through it.
tomwetsel
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 08:31 PM

Also, you could print out the individual student report that shows which question the student got right or wrong. Students will need this to review the test to if they are going to unpack the question they missed.
PMEmail Poster
ALteacher61
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 01:25 PM

I would add this capability: Have the scanner/printer print out a copy of the bubble sheet with the incorrect answers X. I would not necessarily want the score to be printed in case I had short answer/essay questions to grade and add to the test itself.
PMEmail Poster
support NP
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 10:08 AM

I have added this as a feature request.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Start new topic

Copyright 1998-2008 eInstruction Corp. All rights reserved.