Forum Rules Notice

Due to inappropriate SPAM postings, our forums are now being monitored for inappropriate content. This will cause your post to not appear publicly until it has been approved by a forum moderator. We apologize for the delay this may cause in your response, but have found it the best way to control inappropriate posts.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Can EV Read Student ID Barcode Preprinted On Bubblesheet Form, Preprinting Information on Forms
Russ S.
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 09:41 AM

We wish to preprint student ID barcodes on the bubble sheets.
(We currently bring the IDs in from the AS400, preprint IDs on student bubble sheets, administer the EV assessment, and collect data using non-EV software. But we WANt to use EV because of the superior reports.)
Is EV able to read these student IDs?
PMEmail Poster
Support KL
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 03:18 PM

Pre population of the student information is not currently a feature of the plain paper scanning. Please send an email to support@fscreations.com with more information on your situation and we will look into possible options for you.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kat
Posted: May 7 2007, 02:05 PM

We are interested in this feature too. If it is not currently available you really should look into providing it.
PMEmail Poster
Support QA
Posted: May 7 2007, 03:19 PM

This is on the list of possible enhancements for a future version.

As a temporary workaround, an individual teacher could manually bubble in a form for each of their students and then make copies of the forms for use on future assessments. As long as the copier is of a high enough quality to reproduce the barcode well enough for the scanner to read them, this would work well.
jboylston
Posted: May 30 2007, 05:47 PM

I am very interested in this also. I handle the District Benchmark testing for grades 1 - 12.

We only use ExamView Pro for 9-12 with an Apperson 1200 because we do not have enough OpScan scanners for CMS in the district.

The problem with the Apperson 1200 is you have to feed each answer sheet at a time. We can pull a build from NCWise for the students to import into Datalink, but we can't pre-code.

If we can figure this out, then we will consider switching grades 1-8 to ExamView Pro.

Please advise.

P.S. - Many of the printers you have on your website are no longer available through their suppliers.
PMEmail Poster
msalter
Posted: Jun 1 2007, 05:13 PM

As a work around, I created a MS Publisher file to print the name and identification number of each student on a photocopied EV bubble sheet. I mail merged the Publisher file to an Excel file with all of the names and id numbers. I run off a class set of EV bubble forms of various types, five answer form and eight answer form.

I use these as a master class copy. When I need a copy for myself, I grab the master copy for the class and the test and head to the photocopy room. When I need a set for Mrs. xxxx's class, I grab her master class copy run her class through the photocopier. Works like a charm if you have set home room classes.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
jboylston
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 08:48 AM

Thank you for this information!
PMEmail Poster
Support DS
Posted: Dec 23 2007, 09:47 PM

ExamView Test Manager 6.2 has a new "pre-slug" option that allow you to preprint student and assignment information from your class file onto the bubble forms. You can specify what information to preprint (assignment name, date, period, student name/ID) as well as which students you want to print forms for (none specified, the entire roster, or just a select few).
PMEmail Poster
lburns
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 06:34 PM

I have version 6.1.2. Can this version support the "pre-slug" option. I cannot see this option anywhere I am looking. Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
Support DS
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 08:18 PM

The pre-slugging option is a new feature to ExamView 6.2 (Windows only).
PMEmail Poster
jschendel
Posted: Jan 13 2009, 12:38 PM

Something to add to the wish list for the pre-slugging feature is to have the ability to filter the students for whom you want to pre-slug an answer document for. That is, I'd like to print a certain group of students using the filters I've made for rosters and reports. Unless there is already a way to do this or a work around...
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Start new topic

Copyright 1998-2008 eInstruction Corp. All rights reserved.