Forum Rules Notice

Due to inappropriate SPAM postings, our forums are now being monitored for inappropriate content. This will cause your post to not appear publicly until it has been approved by a forum moderator. We apologize for the delay this may cause in your response, but have found it the best way to control inappropriate posts.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> ExamView Test Manager, New Class
kben16035
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 12:52 PM

We provide paper-based tests to our students and then grade the four different versions of tests by hand. I am considering purchasing ExamView Test Manager and a scanner so we can scan the tests and generate detailed reports.

Before I purchase, I'm wondering if ExamView Test Manager allows for multiple versions of a test? For example, we have one pool of test questions but generate four different versions of tests from the same pool of test questions in an effort to minimize cheating off neighbors. Will ExamView Test Manager recognize and grade four different versions of tests, or will I be limited to using one single version of the test?
PMEmail Poster
Support KL
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:37 PM

Once you create a test in ExamView you can create multiple versions of that test. For scanning purposes, you would need to save the test four times and enter them in as four separate assignments in Test Manager.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
jpthoma2
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 02:10 PM

Since the forms have a Test Version bubble on them, why can't it pick that up to judge which form to use so you only have 1 column per exam. This current method is cumbersome and messy. I won't puchase this for our school just based on the fact that if we have 3-4 versions, we have to create and save 3-4 files, scan 3-4 times, export 3-4 times, and import 3-4 times into our CMS. This is a complete waste of time considering the excellent potential of this application.

There needs to be to at least a combine function that consolidates the results from multiple "version" columns into one master column. Except for the Class Assignment Summary, the reports seem to be generally geared towards a "per-assignment" basis...and then there is the import/export problem mentioned previously.

Any plans to remedy this?

This post has been edited by jpthoma2 on Apr 24 2006, 02:11 PM
PMEmail Poster
Support CS
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 02:35 PM

Support for multiple versions of a test is certainly on our list of upgrades. However, we do not have a timetable for that feature.

Currently, we are working on a much more robust export capability that would allow you to export multiple assignments at one time. That would cut down significantly on the amount of time you spend on these tasks. This feature is tentatively planned for this summer.

PMEmail Poster
jpthoma2
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the reply!

When you say "robust export capability that would allow you to export multiple assignments at one time", does that mean that it would export the grades from multiple assignments into one combined column?...or something similar?

This would be an acceptable work-around until the upgrade you mention comes out. Obviously, when you have multiple versions, and you want to export to a CMS, all you care about is the final grade, no matter the version.
PMEmail Poster
Support CS
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 04:14 PM

I do not have the details at this point since the export feature is currently in development. Please check back this summer. We will be able to provide more details then.

What CMS system are you using?
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Start new topic

Copyright 1998-2008 eInstruction Corp. All rights reserved.