Forum Rules Notice

Due to inappropriate SPAM postings, our forums are now being monitored for inappropriate content. This will cause your post to not appear publicly until it has been approved by a forum moderator. We apologize for the delay this may cause in your response, but have found it the best way to control inappropriate posts.

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> How To Import A Test
chemteacher08
Posted: May 25 2009, 11:40 AM

How do I import a test created in word and saved as an xml file?

When I try to import the file, I get the following message:

Gen Chem Weather exam.xml (line 0): is not valid at this location. The root element must be <ExamView>.

Cheryl
PMEmail Poster
Support LT
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 11:50 AM

You can only import tests and banks via the Import Utility which will only take RTF files. If you have a test or bank that was created in ExamView, then you can import via XML.
PMEmail Poster
rc2429
Posted: Aug 26 2009, 12:28 AM

Thanks for the info,i am also facing the same issue
Thanks
RC
PMEmail Poster
Support LT
Posted: Sep 4 2009, 10:00 AM

As stated above, you can no longer export to XML, that feature has been removed from ExamView.
PMEmail Poster
samuel3132
Posted: Sep 18 2009, 02:31 AM

In order to import a test written in XML to ExamView,You need to start the test file with a <ExamView> tag or <ExamView> element<which is called the root element.This what the error means.
PMEmail Poster
howard001
Posted: Sep 19 2009, 06:10 AM

You can import a text that you previously exported as XML text from the graphical process builder. The primary reason to use this functionality is to move built and verified processes from a test system to a separate production system.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
odoturgeon
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 10:28 PM

I have the same issue here. Thank you for the info. I'll try it and will post results. :)
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Start new topic

Copyright 1998-2008 eInstruction Corp. All rights reserved.